Thank you for your desire to help. There are several ways that you can support the work of Choices – helping people with intellectual/ developmental disabilities. Choose the option that works best for you. Your support helps keep our people independent and on the go!
Other Ways to Support Choices
- Give Through the Mail. Donations of checks and cash sent through the mail are welcome. Please make checks payable to Choices In Community Living – 1651 Needmore Road – Dayton, OH 45414
- Double YOUR Donation. Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs setup by corporations in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. Click here to see how you can help.
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Giving. You can give through your Donor Advised Fund (DAF) or charitable checking account. Please contact your advisor or DAF representative. Choices In Community Living Charitable Tax Exempt number is 31-1126222.
- Crypto Donations. Donating cryptocurrency is a non-taxable event, meaning you do not owe capital gains tax on the appreciated amount and can deduct it on your taxes. This makes Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrency donations one of the most tax-efficient ways to support your favorite cause. You can find our accepted cryptocurrencies in an FAQ coming soon.
- Stocks, Bonds & Mutual Funds. Support Choices’ work by making a gift of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds. In addition to making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities, a gift of appreciated securities offers you significant benefits. These include an immediate charitable deduction for the full market value of the stock and avoidance of capital gains taxes that would normally be due upon sale. Choices In Community Living Charitable Tax Exempt number is 31-1126222.
- IRA Charitable Gifts. Individuals age 70½ and older can distribute up to $100,000 each year from their IRAs to the Choices In Community Living and other charities without counting the distribution as income.
- The ability to make this gift directly from IRA accounts is now a permanent part of the U.S. tax code. The gift amount counts toward your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), and your taxable income is lowered by the amount of your qualified charitable distribution (QCD).
- Gifts must be completed before December 31 to be eligible in the current tax year.
- Bequests & Living a Gift in Your Will. Gifts in your Will and bequests can take many forms. A bequest is the simplest and easiest way to make a significant gift to Choices after your lifetime. These types of giving provide flexibility as you retain your assets. You can change your mind at any time to reflect your charitable giving and philanthropic objectives.
For more information about including a gift in your Will to Choices In Community Living, please contact Development Director Vel Hux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choices In Community Living is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.